Sunday 22 November 2015

Day 373: A feast of frogs

After breakfast, we headed out for a day of walking around in the forest. We saw a lot of palms, some giant squirrels, a flying lizard, some enormous millipedes and a very cool vine snake – a slender serpent with an extremely pointy head. After a lunch of tuna and cucumber rolls in a small shelter in the forest, we made our way back to the hostel, where the girls went for a swim in the funny artificial pool while Kate and I did a bit of clothes washing. There's a drying rack on the hostel's little balcony, but the balcony was in full shade, so we took the clothes-covered rack out the front and chased the sun.











I cooked up some pasta for dinner again and then we all went down the road to an artificial pool to look for frogs. We didn't see very many, so I bid farewell to the others and headed back up to the frog pond. There seemed to be fewer frogs there, but there were still plenty to keep me busy – and I also came across a decent-sized snake on the boardwalk.























After spending a few hours photographing frogs I stopped in the little shelter beside the pond for a bit of a rest. I heard a noise on the tin roof and when I went out to investigate I discovered it was rain. Not wanting to get caught in a downpour, I grabbed my stuff and hurried down the hill. I wasn't completely successful and was pretty damp by the time I got back indoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment