Tuesday 13 October 2015

Day 362: Another day in the big city

I woke up just before the alarm went off at 6.20am and went downstairs to enquire about getting our rooms for another night. We didn't come to a concrete decision about what to do today so we hedged our bets – alarm in case we decided to go to Taman Negara, enquiries at the front desk in case we wanted to stay. The woman on reception told me that rooms were available but booking the rooms direct would cost more, so I should do it online. But when I got back to the room and looked into it with Kate, the price was still more than we had paid before, so we still didn't have a decision. However, Kate did a quick search and found a cheap room two hotels down so she booked that and we packed up, checked out and walked down the road to the new place.

We had lunch at McDonald's and then walked back to the hotel, where Kate and I spent the afternoon taking turns updating our CVs and I applied for a job while the girls watched a series of wildly age-inappropriate movies on HBO. We went back to the skewer place for dinner and then Kate went on a toiletry-buying spree while I refreshed our cash reserves at a nearby ATM. 





No comments:

Post a Comment