Thursday 8 January 2015

Day 92: First forays

It would appear that someone in this house gets up very early, because I was awoken at 4am by Elvis sharpening his claws on the bedclothes and knocking my glasses off the bedside table. I tried locking him out of the room but he just kept making a funny little chirruping miaow and scratching at the door, so I eventually relented. Apparently he and the others are all used to being fed in the wee hours, because when I went downstairs to the kitchen, the other two cats were also up and waiting for me.

After a sleep-in and a late breakfast, we all rugged up and took Bella out for an explore. It had snowed overnight and the temperature was dropping again so we didn't go far – just down to the village to check out the little store (closed) and the funicular down to Vevey. It started to snow a little more on the way home, so we just hung around the house in the afternoon. 








No comments:

Post a Comment