Friday 9 January 2015

Day 94: Behold, a Buddhist

Before breakfast this morning Kate called me to go and get Bella from outside – she had been let out to relieve herself and taken off up the road after another dog. It was a glorious morning, sunny and crisp, so after I had retrieved the dog, I grabbed my camera and headed out to try to find a good spot to photograph some snow-covered trees above the house. I failed, but as I walked further and further along the road, other scenes revealed themselves and I must have been out for almost an hour in the end. 









I met a few other people on the road as I walked – mostly dog walkers - and as I headed back to the house I noticed someone dressed slightly oddly coming towards me. Le Mont-Pèlerin is home to the Rabten Choeling Centre for Higher Tibetan Studies, which is also a Buddhist monastery, and this was my first meeting with one of the local monks. Our discovery of the centre helped to explain why so many houses in the village have Buddhist prayer flags hanging from them (or as Kate calls it, Himalayan bunting).

After breakfast, we took Bella out for walk, going back up the road I had walked up in the morning and then looping back through the forest. 









No comments:

Post a Comment